Online Warranty Registration
1. Backwater Boats, a division of METHOD Innovation Partners Inc. warrants, to the original registered purchaser, the boat and it’s originally included accessories to be free of defects in material or workmanship, and for a period of one year from the date of purchase at its option, will repair or replace any material or workmanship found to be defective.
- a. The original purchase receipt will be required upon submission of a warranty claim and must detail the date of purchase, the store where it was purchased, the product that was purchased and the order number.
b. Photos will be required.
c. This warranty does not cover transportation charges to METHOD Innovation Partners Inc. Factory. All shipping charges are the purchasers responsibility.
2. Exclusions to this warranty
- a. Cosmetic
- i. Damage due to UV exposure
ii. Damage due to abrasive cleaners, solvents, mineral spirits or other chemicals
iii. Discoloration, fading and/or dulling
v. Abrasions or scratches
b. Handling and Usage
- i. Damage to hull because of dragging along the ground
ii. Damage due to extreme cold temperatures
iii. Damage to components due to salt water exposure
iv. Damage as a result of an accident or collision
v. Has been abused, misused or improperly operated
vi. Gas or electric outboard motor shaft length not to exceed 20″
c. Incorrect Assembly
- i. The boat has not been assembled in accordance with the instructions accompanying the product
ii. The screws have been over tightened. The torque setting for all screws is 25 lbf.in. Do not exceed. Over torquing the screws could damage the hull and void the warranty. Note: Our bolts come with graphite lubricant coating to avoid thread galling (bolt threads seize to the threads of a nut) during installation. Do not remove the coating. Apply more graphite lubricant as needed.
d. Repairs and Modifications
- i. Has been repaired, modified or tampered with by someone other than the manufacturer or authorized store
3. Warranty Exceptions
- a. Purchase of this product by any business, organization or association (including camps, clubs, resorts, schools, churches or other similar organizations), or the intent to use or actual use of this product as anything other than a recreational privately owned product shall limit this warranty to a period of 90 days after the original purchase date.
4. Warranty claims are to be made directly to METHOD Innovation Partners Inc., and upon written, facsimile or tele-phone consultation with METHOD Innovation Partners Inc. the boat or part in question is to be shipped prepaid to METHOD Innovation Partners Inc. for METHOD’s inspection. Upon receipt of the boat or part in question, METHOD will inspect the boat for defects in material or workmanship, and provided such a defect is found, METHOD will repair or replace the defective part, or boat, and return the boat to the original address of the original purchaser, provided that the address is within continental North America. METHOD’s obligations of this warranty are limited to the state-ment herein contained.
5. The manufacturers sole obligation, and buyers sole and exclusive remedy, under this warranty shall be the repair or replacement, at manufacturers option and subject to the terms and conditions of this warranty, of any part or parts which are determined by manufacturer to be defective. Without limiting the foregoing, under no circumstances shall manufacturer be liable for any incidental, special, consequential, contingent, or punitive damages, for any breach of warranty.
6. Limitations of remedies. Water activities are, by their nature, hazardous. Users of manufacturer’s products assume all risk and liability whatsoever resulting directly or indirectly from the use of such products, whether used singularly or in combination with other equipment, including all risk of bodily injury or death and whether arising in contract or tort or otherwise, and specifically including incidental, special, and consequential damages. Remedies for breach of contract arising by implication or operation of law, except as otherwise provided herein, are excluded. Your boat should only be operated within the appropriate regulatory authorities approved maximum capacity ratings as stated on the boat.
Please register your boat online or fill out the card you received with your boat and return it to us.
METHOD Innovation Partners Inc.
9136 196A Street
Langley, BC V1M 3B4 Canada