- Weight – 59 lbs (26.8 kg) White, Black and Green, Clear 65 lbs (29.5 kg)
- Dimensions – 90” Length, 47” Width, 17” depth (229cm x 120cm x 43cm)
- Carrying Capacity – 352 lbs (160kg, Including passengers, cargo and equipment), up to 2 people
- Material – UV resistant ultra strength plastic
- White, Black and Green boats are made from polyethylene plastic, UV resistant coating on both sides
- Clear boats are made using a proprietary high strength plastic, UV resistant coating on both sides
- Front Seat has two cup holders for cans and larger containers (3.3” and 2.9” diameter, 1.375” depth; cell phone holder for newest phones (6.6” x 3.5”), all with drainage channels to disperse water
- Middle Seat has two cup holders (2.9” diameter for cans) and two compartments (3“ x 6”) for items, slots under seat for feet or small items
- Rear Seat has two cup holders (2.9” diameter for cans)
- All seats are removable for storage and stacking
- All seats contain high density flotation foam
- Optional Heavy Duty Aluminium and polyethylene Transom Plates, supports 2.5 HP gas or electric motor on our white, green and black boats
- Optional oars are 2 piece aluminium that are collapsible for storage; 65” long, 34” long when collapsed, paddles and grips are plastic
- Optional oar locks are a unique proprietary design, stainless steel backing plates
- Stainless steel pad eye and backing plate on bow for towing of tiedown
- 1 year warranty on all parts and hardware
- Made in Canada
Lightweight - only 59 lbs
Safety Floatation Foam - New higher density foam in all seats
Oars Available - 2 piece aluminum collapsible oars
Durable and easy to clean
Easy to transport - Fit in the back of a truck or SUV, or on a roof rack
Aluminium & plastic transom plates - Easy to attach a trolling motor
3 Seats - Front, Middle and Rear
Oar Locks Available - Unique proprietary plated stainless steel oar lock system for better control rowing
Stainless Steel Hardware - Prevents rusting
Fun on the water
Backwater Boats are fun and affordable boats suitable for time on the water with family and friends, sightseeing, fishing, hunting and transport to/from shore. At only 59 lbs it is one of the lightest small boats you can buy. Light enough for one person to carry. There is nothing to inflate so you can grab and go. You will be on the water in no time.
Your boat fits easily into the back of a truck/SUV or onto a roof rack, even on smaller vehicles.
Backwater Boats are available in four colors: clear, white, sportsman green and black. The new front seat and new rear bench seat gives you multiple seating configurations. Our boats also have an optional set of oars and oar locks available. And, your boat accommodates bolt on accessories that you can attach directly to the hull.
If you don’t want to row the optional heavy duty aluminium and plastic transom plates allows you to attach a 2.5 hp gas motor or an electric trolling motor with battery to the white, green and black boats.
Our boats are thermoformed from a single sheet of high durability plastic and are more durable than wood or fiberglass. This means there are no seams to leak, they never need painting, and they’re easy to clean.
Among boaters it is known as a dinghy, tender or skiff. Among sportsmen, it is known as a fishing boat, sled, pram or as most say “an alternative to inflatable boats”. We just call it a great boat that our customers love.
Fun on the water
Backwater Boats are fun and aﬀordable boats suitable for time on the water with family and friends, birdwatching, sightseeing, ﬁshing, hunting and transport to/from shore. At only 59 lbs it is one of the lightest small boats you can buy. Light enough for one person to carry. There is nothing to inﬂate so you can grab and go. You will be on the water in no time.
The size allows it to ﬁt in the back of a truck/SUV, or for smaller vehicles it easily ﬁts on a roof rack.
They are available in four colors, clear, white, sportsman green and black. The new front seat and new rear bench seat gives you multiple seating conﬁgurations. Our boats also come with a set of oars and oar locks. Your boat arrives complete so there is nothing more you need to purchase. It has the capability to add bolt on accessories to the hull. Many users attach after market accessories to deck out their Backwater for a perfect day on the water.
If you don’t want to row the aluminum transom plate allows you to attach a 2 hp gas motor or an electric trolling motor with battery.
Our boats are thermoformed from a single sheet of high durability plastic. This means there are no seams to leak and are much more durable than wood or ﬁberglass. There is no need to paint and are easy to clean.
Among boaters it is known as a dinghy, tender or skiﬀ. Among sportsmen, it is known as a ﬁshing boat, sled, pram or as most say “an alternative to inﬂatable boats”. We just call it a great boat that our customers love.
Thousands of Boats in Use Today
Our Backwater 7.5 hull is a tried and tested design. We have sold hundreds of boats since their inception in 2004. Many customers have enjoyed their boats for more than a decade. We build them to last.
The Backwater brand dates back to 2001 with our introduction of the Backwater Baby. This boat paved the way for the Backwater 7.5 which has gone through some design alterations and improvements throughout the years. The 2019 models see the most significant improvements.
- Added a new front seat
- Completely redesign rear seat to allow for a 3rd seat
- New high density flotation foam which allowed us to remove the side pods
- Unique clear hull which was in design, development and testing for many years. We are very proud to bring this boat to market in 2019. It will give the user an on the water experience like no other.
Here are what customers have told us about our boats:
I fish out of a Backwater and love it, they’re easy to launch and much more effective than using a float tube or kick boat. We are always fishing from a double anchored position which is where small prams really shine.
I love your boats. I’m a single father of two little girls and love to go on adventures with them
Love that little boat! Fish a lot of ponds but due to a shoulder injury my 2 man plastic boat is a bit too much for me to handle alone. Your boat is perfect for those days I want to fish by myself!