Use as a tender for easy
transfer to your larger boat
so you can cruise the seas
A small Boat our customers love
Years of Adventure
Number of States/Provinces in Use
GET BACK ON THE WATER
Backwater Boats are fun and affordable boats suitable for time on the water with family and friends, sightseeing, fishing, hunting and transport to/from shore. At only 59 lbs it is one of the lightest small 2-man dinghies you can buy and light enough for one person to carry. There is nothing to inflate so you can grab and go and you will be on the water in no time.
- Fits easily into the back of a truck or large SUV. If you have a smaller vehicle you can place it onto a roof rack.
- Available in three colors: Evolution Clear, Classic White and Sportsman Green.
- 3 seats gives you multiple seating configurations.
- Oars and oar locks are available.
- Accommodates a wide array of bolt on accessories that you can attach directly to the hull so you can create the perfect on the water experience.
- Aluminum and plastic transom plates allows you to attach a 2.5 hp gas or electric motor to the white or green boat.
- Made in Canada
Our boats are thermoformed from a single sheet of high durability plastic and are more durable than wood, fiberglass or injection molded boats. This means there are no seams to leak, they never need painting and they’re easy to clean.
Among boaters it is known as a dinghy, tender or skiff. Among sportsmen, it is known as a small fishing boat, sled, pram or as most say “an alternative to inflatable boats” but we just call it a great boat that our customers love.
Environmentally Conscious Manufacturer
For 20 years we have manufactured rigid dinghies and take great pride in keeping the lowest environmental footprint possible, aiming for a zero-waste facility. Backwater Boat hulls and seats are thermoformed from sheets of partially recycled plastic. During the manufacturing process we regrind all off-cuts and trimmed pieces, which are then repurposed into sheet form once again to manufacture new components. While we fully expect you will enjoy your boat for many years, when it comes to the boat’s end of life, it is also recyclable. The same is true for any steel or aluminum components on the boat.